Avast Antivirus for Windows is security software that prevents viruses, spyware, and malicious threats from infecting your PC. Here the topic includes instructions to download and install Avast Free Antivirus software.
Install Avast Free Antivirus
- Make sure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Visit Avast Antivirus’s official site and click on the download link to download the Avast Free Antivirus setup file, and save it on the local drive destination on your PC, by default downloaded files are saved to your user’s Downloads folder.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast free antivirus setup online.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- NOTE - If do not appear the Run as administrator option, then it refers to instructions to manage administrative accounts on your PC:
- Managing administrative accounts on your Windows PC
- If a prompt for permission by the User Account Control dialog, then click on Yes to proceed further.
- To manage the default setup language, click the current language in the right-top corner of the window screen. Then, click on Install to proceed with the default installation setting, or click on Customize, if you want to make changes to the default setup.
- Once wait while the setup installs Avast Free Antivirus on your computer.
- Once the installation is properly complete and, click on Continue on the You're protected screen.
- Click on Run First Scan to comprehensive Smart Scan to detect malware, viruses, bad browser add-ons, and other affected issues on your computer.
If you are facing any downloading, installation, or setup issues:
Confirm your PC having the minimum system requirements and also your Windows is up-to-date.
- Windows 10 requires Mobile and IoT Core Edition 32 or 64-bit; Windows 8 requires RT and Starter Edition 32 or 64-bit; Windows 7 SP2 or higher, All Edition 32 or 64-bit.
- Mostly, Windows PC is completely compatible with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor, must support SSE2 instructions; ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- Must be 2 GB of free space on the hard drive.
- A Proper Internet connection is required to download, activate, and program updates, and maintain antivirus databases.
- Make sure Standard screen resolution is not less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
2. Make sure that the downloaded setup file is proper and not corrupted.
3. Uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your computer.
4. Let’s restart your computer, then try again to install Avast Free Antivirus by following the steps asked in this topic.
If the issue still persists, you need to contact the Avast Support team and provide your setup log file. And refer to the Avast Antivirus official site.
Installing Avast One Free
Note- Avast One Free is still currently only available in Australia. To install Avast Free Antivirus or instead Avast Mobile Security, here are relevant topic below:
Avast One Free is an all-in-one security tool that blocks viruses, spyware, and malicious threats. And, it protects your computer and device data from hackers while you browse online, and improves the performance of your computer system. It is available as both a free and paid product. Here topic explains how to install the free version of the app.
Install Avast One Free
- Visit the official site and click on the link option to download the Avast One Free setup file, and save it to a local drive on your PC. By default, downloaded files are saved to your user Downloads folder.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast free setup online.exe and select it Run as administrator from the drop-down menu.
- If the User Account Control dialog prompted for permission, then click Yes.
- Now click on Install Now
- Wait a while, the setup installs Avast One Free on your computer.
- Click on Get Started, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Avast One Free.
- When the installation is finished, now answer the five-question survey to personalize your Smart Scan. You can skip the survey, for this, you have to click Skip all.
- Click on Start Your First Scan to begin scanning for vulnerabilities on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to resolve every found issue. To skip next and explore other Avast One Free features, click on Skip for now.
Now Avast One Free is installed but may some components not fully function until you restart your computer.