Microsoft Security Essentials gives real-time protection for your home or small business Computer, which protects against viruses, spyware, and digital malicious software.
First, Identity, your computer has a 32-bit or 64-bit Version, then Visit the official site and click the Download button on this page to start the download, after choosing a language from the drop-down list and then click on Go.
Instructions to Install Microsoft Security on Windows 7
Install Microsoft Security on the operating system Windows 7, then you should follow the below steps.
- Click on the Start button, now right-clicking to the Computer menu, and then select Properties to open the System Properties.
- On this page, Under the System heading, you will view the system type page.
Once you have checked and confirmed which operating systems version you have using, now download and install the respective version of Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Download Microsoft Security from the Microsoft official site. If your computer has a 64-bit operating system, then download the setup file ENUS\amd64\MSEInstall.exe option.
- If your computer has a 32-bit operating system, download the setup file ENUS\x86\MSEInstall.exe option.
- Once the download completes, then double-click on the setup file to run the installing. You may show a pop-up box prompting you to allow the following program to make changes to this computer. Then select Yes.
- Then the installer file extracts and begins to run, Now select Next.
- Read here the Software License Terms and instructions, by selecting I Accept.
- Click on Join the Customer Experience Improvement Program and then click on Next.
- Select the box by tick for If no firewall is turned on, turn on Windows Firewall and select Next.
- Make sure that you don't have any other antivirus programs installed on your PC, then Click on Install.
- When the program successfully installed on your PC, you will see the message, You have successfully completed the Security Essentials Installation Wizard.
Now select the Finish button, and allow Microsoft Security Essentials to perform an initial scan of your computer.
Why not be able to install Microsoft Security, Let get Install?
If you are not able to install the Microsoft Security application, then make sure this program you are installing is on a supported operating system. Microsoft Security is only supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 OS. This software is not available means nor compatible with Windows 8, and 10, as Security Essentials have made moot by the improved Windows Defender included with that operating system.
Uninstall AntiVirus Applications
Before installing Microsoft Security, completely remove any anti-virus applications from your computer as per the software distributor’s manuals. A removal tool may be ready to perform a complete uninstall of the software. McAfee gives a tool to completely remove all its components of McAfee antivirus products (link in Resources). After removal finishes, install the Microsoft Security application.
Check Windows Installer Service
Make sure the Windows Installer service must be running to install the security software. Open the Run box and type the services.msc command without any space or dash and quotes here and throughout from an elevated command prompt. You can also type services.mcs in the Windows search field to locate the Services dialog box. Now Right-click on the Services entry in the search item results, then click on Run as Administrator from the context menu to open the application with elevated privileges. Now right-click on the Windows Installer entry file in the Services box then click on Start, if the option is available, to start the service. Try installing Microsoft Security after starting the service. If only the Stop and Restart options are available, the service is already running and in working condition.
Selective Startup Mode
In Windows 7, you may use the msconfig tool option to start the computer in Selective Startup Mode. Open the msconfig tool using a Command Prompt window or from the Search box. Click the Selective Startup option in the General page of the dialog box, then restart the computer. And now install Microsoft Security while the computer is in this selective startup mode.
Install Microsoft Security Essentials In Windows 10?
If you have upgraded your system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and are thinking about why Microsoft Security Essentials is not available in upgraded Windows 10.
In this case, you must have to know that the Microsoft Security Essentials program is not available in Windows 10 because Microsoft Security doesn’t support Windows 10, which means that you can’t install Microsoft Security in Windows 10. There is not any way to install and run Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 10.
So, when you upgrade your Windows 7 operating system to Windows 10, the program is removed, because Windows 10 is having inbuilt a good antimalware program with it.